Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Why I Want to Get Back on Tumblr

I'm back on Tumblr! someanon126.tumblr.com

About three years ago I started a Tumblr blog. Unfortunately, because I didn't maintain it, it was suspended for inactivity. Plus there seemed to be a bug with Firefox that didn't allow me to get back on. Even though it's apparently fixed, I came to Blogspot as a substitute.

The Amazing Atheist put up a video urging his followers (myself included) to follow him on other social media, including Tumblr. Seeing his various posts again highlighted the advantages of Tumblr.

  • Sitewide engagement. Tumblr allows users (and non-users as well) to access content from (almost) all blogs by searching through tags. Blogspot does not.
  • Better interactivity. Tumblr allows users to interact with others' content in a variety of ways, the best of which (in my opinion) is reblogging. Reblogging allows one to not only respond to content, but to publicize said content and response. Of course, this can be done with Blogspot, but it takes much more work.
  • More diverse content. Tumblr's different post types allows users to share content much more easily than on Blogspot.

The crucial question is: Should I get back on Tumblr?